Three amazing teenagers. How did that happen?!? Parenting tips from the pleasantly surprised.

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Resilience Research Workbook - Free PDF

Resilience studies have shown that the resilience of a child (of any person, actually) can be readily demonstrated through two indicators.

1. How well they know their story and stories about their family
2. How many significant adults they participate with regularly

This booklet combines the 20 questions researchers ask kids to assess their family knowledge and a list of five significant adults and why they are significant. 

When I give this booklet to a student, we spend the session filling in all the answers they know personally. I watch carefully, asking questions as we go along, and at the end of this session I have a strong assessment of their resilience. So far, I have found it to be very accurate to my previous assessment of the student. 

I then send the workbook home with the child to complete with help from their family. This gets the family talking and, in time, will raise the wellbeing and resilience of the child.

The booklet is formatted to print double-sided and fold in half. Please print and use this booklet as you see fit. 

Please feel free to share booklet. In the future, send me an email and let me know how it has helped the children in your life.


Resilience Research Workbook
Free Workbook PDF - USA Spelling



Resilience Research Workbook
This one is the British / Australian version

No comments:

Post a Comment